cxf-users mailing list archives

From justinlindh <justinli...@gmail.com>
Subject wsdl2js - deserializer code not created for complexContent types
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2010 18:20:05 GMT

In trying to generate javascript from a wsdl using wsdl2js, I've noticed that
the deserializer for an XSD type containing a complexContent element is only
output as a blank stub. For example, consider the following XML that extends
a base type and uses complexContent:

    <xs:complexType name="OperationResponseType">
        <xs:complexContent>
            <xs:extension base="rn:ServerResponseType">
                <xs:sequence>
                    <xs:element name="responseID" type="xs:long"
minOccurs="1" />
                </xs:sequence>
            </xs:extension>
        </xs:complexContent>
    </xs:complexType>

The CXF javascript generator doesn't recognize the complexContent particle
as existing under the complexType, and as such creates a blank deserializer
in the generated javascript similar to the following:

function WS_OperationResponseMessage_deserializeResponse(cxfjsutils,
partElement) {

}

The deserializer code is generated as expected when not using the
complexContent type, but I do need to extend off of a base type so that
won't work in my case.

Is there a known workaround for this issue, or is support for complexContent
planned? Or maybe I'm doing something blatantly wrong (I'm a novice with
XSDs)?

Any help is greatly appreciated.