cxf-users mailing list archives

From KnutIvar <knut.ivar.skogl...@gmail.com>
Subject CXF client - typedefinitions in SOAP
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2010 15:53:34 GMT

Hi!

I have a problem when invoking a webservice with SOAP. I use CXF to generate
code from a wsdl, but the service does not validate this;

   <ns1:customerOrderItems>
      <ns1:item>
              <ns2:action>actionFTW!!</ns2:action>
      </ns1:item>
   <ns1:customerOrderItems>

The problem is the "item" tag. The server does not want the "item" object
here, but wants an object that extends item; "CustomerOrderItemValue" (yes,
the wsdl states that this type extends item).

However.., this works:
   <ns1:customerOrderItems>
      <ns1:item xsi:type="ns1:CustomerOrderItemValue">
              <ns2:action>actionFTW!!</ns2:action>
      </ns1:item>
   <ns1:customerOrderItems>

Is there anyway I can "make" the cxf client specify these types?
The object that's put into the array of items in the java-code is classes of
CustomerOrderItemValue, not Item.... hence, the type should be stated in the
generated SOAP call.

Anyone know a solution, or do I have to register an issue?

-----
http://www.knutivars.net www.knutivars.net
"http://www.knutivars.net/cxf/index.html Document first Apache CXF and
XMLBeans with Spring.