cxf-users mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sbery...@progress.com>
Subject Re: multiple raxrs:server with same address
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2010 16:44:13 GMT
Hi

You can definitely have multiple jaxrs:server endpoints with endpoint specific providers.
The issue is that you'd like to have all
of them to share the same address which is not possible.

Do server-specific service beans have root @Path values which would stay unique even if you
collapsed all the service beans under a
single jaxrs:server ?

Another question : given you'd like jaxrs:server endpoints share the same address, what would
actually act as a differentiator, as
far as client requests are concerned ?

If every service bean across all the jaxrs:server endpoints has a unique root @Path and say
every client request has, say, a
ClientId query header uniquely identifying a client then the simplest way to solve the issue
is to have a single jaxrs:server
including all the service beans and have a custom MessageBodyReader/Writer  implemented as
follows :

@Context UriInfo uriInfo; // or HttpHeaders

// this map is initialized at startup,
Map<ClientHeaderValue, JAXBElementProvider> map...;
// get client id from a header/uri and delegate to appropriate  JAXBElementProvider in readFrom/writeTo

This assumes you know in advance what types of clients can access the service...

Will this work ?
If not then can you provide more details please ?

thanks, Sergey