cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Async Invocation & Custom Transport
Date Thu, 17 Dec 2009 17:39:31 GMT
On Thu December 17 2009 11:49:02 am Coder One wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Internally, how does Camel handle Async invocation?  If "a million" threads
>  invokes "public Future<?> greetMeSometimeAsync", how does CXF track the
>  SOAP messages?

Not sure on Camel, but for CXF, it really kind of depends on the transport.
For HTTP, right now, we don't have much choice except to use a thread as we
aren't using a non-blocking http client.   If someone ever tackles the task of
creating an http-client based conduit or a jetty-client based conduit, we
could possibly revisit that.

For JMS, we now just register a listener and return.   The listener will fire
off when the queue gets the message.     Thus, with JMS, we don't tie up any
threads on the client for the async calls.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org