cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Client endpoints in servlet sessions & clustering
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2009 16:51:31 GMT
On Tue December 8 2009 9:31:27 am Alexandros Karypidis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I intend to use JAX-WS to access web services from within servlets in a
> clustered environment.
>
> Rather than create a proxy for each servlet invocation, I'd like to
> cache the client stub in the session object.
>
> Does CXF use serializable objects when creating JAX-WS proxies?

Probably not, no.  Very little in CXF implements serializable so that may end
up being an issue.    Plus, the clients hold onto things like shared wsdl
models and JAXBContexts and such that could be huge to serialized

> Is it
> safe to put a JAX-WS client stub in the servlet's "session" object?

You MAY be able to use proxy singletons.   See:
http://cxf.apache.org/faq.html
about the thread safety and such of the proxies.    You could just store and
special "keys" for the RequestContext into the session and just use a single
client proxy with a threadsafe RequestContext.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org