cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Nate Woody" <na...@cac.cornell.edu>
Subject RE: SSL Woes. Can't get past handshake_failure message
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2009 11:35:10 GMT
FWIW, the only way I've successfully debugged SSL problems is by turning
on SSL debugging (something like:
System.setProperty("javax.net.debug","ssl")).  Hopefully, you can at
least verify where/why the handshake is failing, what truststore is
being used, etc. You will definitely see if the server certificate is
the problem.

Nate

-----Original Message-----
From: cj91 [mailto:Jonathan.Fisher@argushealth.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 4:35 PM
To: users@cxf.apache.org
Subject: SSL Woes. Can't get past handshake_failure message

Hi guys. I'm trying to connect via SSL to another webservice. I'm not
having
much luck. We tried entering the root certificates from versign and the
server certificate but still getting this exception message:

Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Received fatal alert:
handshake_failure
	at com.ibm.jsse2.n.a(n.java:3)
	at com.ibm.jsse2.n.a(n.java:23)
	at com.ibm.jsse2.jc.b(jc.java:464)
	at com.ibm.jsse2.jc.a(jc.java:429)
	at com.ibm.jsse2.jc.g(jc.java:257)
	at com.ibm.jsse2.jc.a(jc.java:361)
	at com.ibm.jsse2.jc.startHandshake(jc.java:304)

Here is my spring config:

                .*_EXPORT_.*
                .*_EXPORT1024_.*
                .*_WITH_DES_.*