cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Sergey Beryozkin" <sbery...@progress.com>
Subject Re: JMX - JAX-RS multiple service beans - only one is managed
Date Mon, 30 Nov 2009 16:05:46 GMT
Hi Paul

I'm not entirely sure yet that introducing a shared Operation interface is how
CXF-2541 will be fixed, but unless other ideas emerge then we will proceed with the shared
interface ...Either way CXF-2541 will
need to be fixed for the next release (CXF 2.2.6) which will let users see statistcis for
individual operations...

I'm still not sure though how to approach the issue with multiple root resources. At the moment
there's one to one correspondence
between a CXF Service instance and a jaxrs:server endpoint. irrespectively of how many root
resources the latter contains. The QName
of this service is a syntesized QName of the first root resource. This is misleading so I
will probably add a serviceQName attribute
to jaxrs:server to avoid the confusion...Still not sure though how to ensure users can see
per-resource statictics with individual
resources attached to a single jaxrs:server endpoint - will need to investigate and may be
introduce a JAXRS specific JMX
interceptor which will add few extra beans to the tree...

cheers, Sergey

Hi Sergey
Do you think any of the CXF-2541 enhancements will make it into the next
version?
Just trying to ascertain timescales - with view to either waiting for
these enhancements, or coding enhanced JAX-RS, JMX monitoring into my
app myself.

Thanks
Paul