cxf-users mailing list archives

From easternwahoo <janet.mo...@siemens.com>
Subject Re: CXF and WAS 6.1(.0.19)
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2009 19:22:58 GMT

We had the same symptoms using CXF 2.2.4 with WAS 6.1.0.19, and got it
working by following most of the instructions here:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CXF20DOC/Application+Server+Specific+Configuration+Guide#ApplicationServerSpecificConfigurationGuide-Addyourownclassloader

A couple things we did differently from the above:
1) We created a shared library with Application First (NOT parent-first)
class loading, and included all 4 jars:
jsr173_api-1.0.jar
jaxp-ri-1.4.2.jar
saaj-impl-1.3.2.jar
wsdl4j-1.6.2.jar
We also included log4j, but that's a different story.
2) We followed the instructions at the above url, to attached this shared
library to the jvm.
3) We set application-first classloading at the ear level.  To do this from
the admin console, select  Enterprise Application – Select your app – Class
Select “classes loaded with application loader first”.
4) We also set application-first classloading at the war level. To do this,
select Enterprise Application - select your ear, then select Manage modules,
and select the war, and select “classes loaded with application loader
first”

Whew!  This worked.