cxf-users mailing list archives

From "KARR, DAVID (ATTCINW)" <dk0...@att.com>
Subject RE: getting "NO_RESOURCES_AVAILABLE" from "AbstractJAXRSFactoryBean.checkResources()"
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2009 14:18:50 GMT

This is very good information.

One question, though.  The way you specify the class to instantiate is
different from typical Spring beans.  It appears there's no way to
specify a Spring bean as a resource.  As a result, it appears that
there's no way to inject instance variable values into the resource, for
configuration control, for instance.  It's odd that the attribute is
"name", instead of "class".

This is odd, as in the same "jaxrs:server" element is the
"jaxrs:serviceBeans" element, where you specify the list of beans that
represent services.

So, I assume there's some clarity here somewhere that I haven't seen
yet.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/trunk/rt/frontend/jaxrs/src/main/re
> sources/schemas/jaxrs.xsd
>
> it is limiting a bit, specifically, parameter types should be
> capitalized at
> the moment and there's no a proper enum definition for parameter
types.
> For
> ex, 'PATH', 'QUERY', 'MATRIX', 'HEADER' is what should be used when
> describing parameters that would otherwise be annotated with
> @PathParam,
> @QueryParam, @MatrixParam, @HeaderParam. There's no need to describe
> input
> parameters which are mapped to request bodies. Response parameters are
> not
> described too.
>
> 'resource' represents a resource class. It can describe either a root
> resource or a subresource one.
> For ex, if you have
>
> @Path("catalog")
> public class Catalog {
>
>   @GET
>   @Path("items")
>   public List<Item> getItems() {...}
>
>   @Path("items/{id}")
>   public Item getItemName(@PathParam("id") Long id) {...}
>
> }
>
> where getItemName is a subresource locator and Item class has a method
> like
>
> public class Item {
> @GET
> public String getName() {...}
> }
>
> then, if we remove annotations, the same can be described like this :
>
> <model>
>
> <resource name=" com.att.ecom.catalog.Catalog" path="/catalog">
> <operation name="getItems" verb="GET" path="/items"/>
> <operation name="getItemName" path="/item/{id}">
>
> </operation>
> </operation>
> </resource>
>
> <resource name="com.att.ecom.catalog.Item">
> <operation name="getName" verb="GET"/>
> </operation>
> </resource>
>
> </model>
>
> The resource with name "com.att.ecom.catalog.Item" is recognized as a
> subresource because when it introspects
> com.att.ecom.catalog.Catalog#getItemName it finds that its return
> type's
> name matches '"com.att.ecom.catalog.Item".
> So it's a flat structure but perhaps I'll support embedding resources
> too,
> similar to the way it's done in WADL. At the moment the only place
> where
> this feature is demoed is in a 'greeter_rest' demo in a DOSGi
> distribution[1] where IMHO this feature can be very handy indeed but I
> do
> want to allocate more time on it and document and enhance it properly.
>
> Sergey
>
> [1]
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/dosgi/trunk/samples/greeter_rest/
>

> KARR, DAVID (ATTCINW) wrote:

I'll
> at
> > least be able to move forward a bit.

tests
area,

> load
> >> the
> it

WebLogic

?

> > Perhaps
jaxrs-aware
> spring

> api-

> xmlns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans"

> > http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans.xsd

resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf.xml" />
> extension-

> address="/rest">

id)
{