cxf-users mailing list archives

From "EVENO Manuel" <MEV...@generali.fr>
Subject RE: Asynchronous Invocation and connection keep alive on the TCP level
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 14:39:21 GMT

Do you have example or documentation of a "decoupled response endpoint"
or the callbacks-tyle mecanism you wrote about ?
I can find anything on the CXF Wiki ...

Manuel

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Eoghan Glynn [mailto:eoglynn@gmail.com]
Envoyé : jeudi 6 août 2009 16:04
À : users@cxf.apache.org
Objet : Re: Asynchronous Invocation and connection keep alive on the TCP level

Andrew is correct.

JAX-WS async is purely a convenience mechanism to allow the application avoid creating a separate
thread to manage the invocation direction.

What you really need to avoid is tying up the client->server connection for the duration
of the long-running invocation.

This could be achieved via WS-Addressing with a decoupled response endpoint , so that the
client->server may be torn down once the request has been transmitted and the response
when ready is sent over a separate
server->client connection. Though it sounds like WS-A is not an option
server->for
you.

Otherwise you can model a polling-style (as suggested by Glen) or callback-style of interaction
in the WSDL.

Cheers,
Eoghan