cxf-users mailing list archives

From <kiran.si...@asipay.com>
Subject Trouble creating Proxy on the Client side using JAXRSClientFactory
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2009 19:21:02 GMT
Hi,

                I am getting a WebApplicationException when I try to
create a proxy using JAXRSClientFactory, I tried both create API and
fromClient API.

The WebClient API works fine.

Here is my Client code :

WebClient wc =
WebClient.create("http://localhost:8080/cxf-webservices/webservices/cust
omerservice/");

wc.accept("text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0
.8");

            wc.encoding("UTF-8");

            wc.header("accept-charset",
"ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7");

            CustomerService proxy = JAXRSClientFactory.create(
"http://localhost:8080/cxf-webservices/webservices/customerservice/",Cus
tomerService.class);

            List<Customer> ccoll = proxy.getCustomers();

Right at the create statement, I get the following exception :

javax.ws.rs.WebApplicationException

      at
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.JAXRSClientFactoryBean.createWithValues(JAXR
SClientFactoryBean.java:149)

      at
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.JAXRSClientFactoryBean.create(JAXRSClientFac
toryBean.java:118)

      at
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.JAXRSClientFactory.create(JAXRSClientFactory
.java:71)

      at
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.JAXRSClientFactory.create(JAXRSClientFactory
.java:56)

      at
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.JAXRSClientFactory.create(JAXRSClientFactory
.java:46)

      at com.asipay.ws.client.Client.main(Client.java:82)

Here is my Service class :

@Path("/customerservice/")

public class CustomerService {

      private Map<Integer, Customer> customerMap = new TreeMap<Integer,
Customer>();

      public CustomerService() {

            //Hard coded for testing

            Customer customer = new Customer();

            customer.setId(0);

          customer.setName("Jane Doe");

          customer.setAddress("123 Howe Ave, Los Angeles, CA");

          addCustomer(customer);

    }

        @GET

        @Path("/customers")

        @Produces("application/xml")

        //@Resource MessageContext jaxrsContext;

        public List<Customer> getCustomers() {

          //return  new Customers(customerMap.values());

              return new ArrayList<Customer>(customerMap.values());

        }

        @GET

        @Path("/customers/{id}")

        @Produces("text/xml")

        public Customer getCustomer(@PathParam("id") int cId) {

          return customerMap.get(cId);

        }

        @PUT

        @Consumes("application/xml")

        @Produces("text/plain")

        @Path("/customers/update/{id}")

        public String updateCustomer(@PathParam("id") Long id, Customer
customer) {

                  customerMap.put(id.intValue(), customer);

              return "Customer " + customer.getName() + " updated.  Id =
" + id;

        }

        @POST

        @Path("/customers/add")

        @Produces("text/plain")

        @Consumes("application/xml")

        public String addCustomer(Customer customer) {

          int id = customerMap.size();

          customer.setId(id);

          customerMap.put(id, customer);

          return "Customer " + customer.getName() + " added with Id " +
id;

        }

        @DELETE

        @Path("/customers/delete/{id}")

        @Produces("text/plain")

        @Consumes("application/xml")

        public String deleteCustomer(@PathParam("id") Integer id) {

            Customer customer = customerMap.get(id);

          customerMap.remove(id);

          return "Customer " + customer.getName() + " removed with Id "
+ id;

        }

Any idea if I am missing something ?

Thanks

Kiran

Notice: This information is intended only for the person(s) or entity(ies) to which it is
addressed. This information may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected
from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if this message
has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and
then delete this message, including any attachments. Any dissemination, distribution or other
use of the contents of this message by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly
prohibited.