cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Shulok, Thomas" <thomas.shu...@lmco.com>
Subject RE: Default endpoint via Zookeeper (D-OSGi) (repost to get its own thread, sorry all)
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2009 00:41:44 GMT
One bug leads to another... :-)

Your fix puts the correct endpoint location into the Zookeeper node.  Works great, thanks!
 But...

If I don't specify org.apache.cxf.ws.address in the service decorator, I would expect it to
default to http://localhost:9000/fully/qualified/ClassName as described in the reference guide
(http://cxf.apache.org/distributed-osgi-reference.html) under service provider properties.
 The default would then get transmorgrified into the actual IP of localhost just like the
endpoint and inserted into the node.  Unfortunately, if I don't specify org.apache.cxf.ws.address,
it doesn't show up in the Zookeeper node at all, which means the remote client thinks the
web service address is localhost (i.e. bad).

Any hope/plan to incorporate the default behavior with the Zookeeper integration?

Thanks!
Thom

-----Original Message-----
From: David Bosschaert [mailto:david.bosschaert@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2009 6:49 AM
To: users@cxf.apache.org
Subject: Re: Default endpoint via Zookeeper (D-OSGi) (repost to get its own thread, sorry
all)

Hi Thomas,

Just to let you know I've just committed a fix for this to trunk (1.1-SNAPSHOT). The builds
should publish a new snapshot of this tonight.

With this fix you can set the org.apache.cxf.ws.address property to a localhost value, like
this:
  props.put("org.apache.cxf.ws.address", "http://localhost:9100/display");

Once it's pushed into the zookeeper server, the localhost and
127.0.0.1 URLs are changed to contain the real IP address of the host, like this:

Hope this works for you too.
zkCli> get
zkCli> /osgi/service_registry/org/apache/cxf/dosgi/samples/discovery/Dis
zkCli> playService/10.2.4.18#9100##display
#
#Mon Aug 10 14:37:47 BST 2009
osgi.remote.endpoint.location=http\://10.2.4.18\:9100/display
service.id=40
objectClass=[Ljava.lang.String;@188f506
osgi.remote.interfaces=*
osgi.remote.configuration.pojo.address=http\://10.2.4.18\:9100/display
osgi.remote.configuration.type=pojo
osgi.remote.endpoint.id=f5a3d0ef-b1f6-4fe4-b03f-33190ec28dab

Cheers,

David