cxf-users mailing list archives

From Gabo Manuel <kman...@solegysystems.com>
Subject Re: JAX-RS : initial WADL support
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2009 10:29:04 GMT
Hi Sergey,

By looking at the generated WADL, how does one tell if there is an
expected payload with the method involved. If I have the following
annotated method:

    @PUT
    @Path("/somepath/")
    @WebMethod
    @WebResult(name="result")
    public long insert(
            Object ap,
            @QueryParam("transactionDescription")
            String transactionDescription
            )

The wadl generated is as follows:
<resource path="/somepath/"><method
name="PUT"><request><representation/><param
name="transactionDescription" style="query"
type="xs:string"/></request><response><!-- Primitive type : xs:long

I am assuming the "<representation/>" is what should hint at it, but by
just looking at the wadl, I am not able to tell which of the complexType
described above in the wadl is to be used. Maybe replacing/modifying it
to contain the name of the complexType would help.

I could be missing something from the user's guide. Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Gabo