cxf-users mailing list archives

From superk888 <superk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Invoking a CXF web service with a SIMPLE FRONTEND !!!
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2009 18:14:33 GMT

Turns out my problem had to do with MTOM indeed. It seems to be fixed by
switching MTOM ON on the client side (after having read your suggestion, I
googled a while and I've read - but too bad, can't remember where - that the
default MTOM status of Apache CXF is off).

But I'll have to test my application thoroughly tomorrow (wouldn't been able
to spend one more hour at work after a 10+ hours Monday, especially after
almost 2 whole weeks of frustration on the same issue)

Anyway, I really wanted to thank all of you guys, who spared me some time to
help me solve my issue.
Really, I appreciate :handshake:

dkulp wrote:

> Can you capture the incoming request from Axis2?   I THINK the
> Content-Type
> head is probably different.   It probably contains a charset in it
> someplace
> (or it's not mime).     Basically, per spec, if there isn't a charset
> there,
> the default is ISO8859-1.    It LOOKS like when it's mime, we may not be
> resetting it to the charset defined in the mime boundary, which is
> probably a
> bug.
>
> In anycase, I'd like to see the Axis2 and/or SOAPUI messages to see if
> they
> are different.
>
> One possible way to "fix" it would be to turn off MTOM on the client side.
> That may fix it as well as the message would be sent out non-mime encoded
> and
> the charset should be on the Content-Type header.
>

> Dan
>

> On Mon August 31 2009 7:58:11 am superk888 wrote:
>> Having ISO8859-1 is OK: more precisely, the service I've developed is an
>> existing application that I've exposed as a web service with CXF. The
>> existing application consists in an application that is deployed on
>> Tomcat
>> and gets HttpRequest...
>>
>> With my web service deployed, the client sends the XML content instead of
>> whole HTTP request.
>> Consequently, the XML request has been built "manually".
>>
>> Besides, an AXIS2 client doesn't face the described issue. So I really
>> don't think it has anything to do with Tomcat ...
>>
>> bimargulies wrote:
>> > ISO8859-1 is NOT UTF-8. You need to find out why you have ISO-8859-1
>> > in that header. I suspect Tomcat.

>> xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><soap:Body><ns2:
>> >>>
>> xmlns:ns2="http://wsController.webServices.web.forhrm.formatech.be/"><n
>> >>>
>> encoding=&quot;ISO-8859-1&quot;?&gt;&lt;Response&gt;&lt;ReturnCode&gt;0

>> encoding="ISO-8859-1"?><Response><ReturnCode>000</ReturnCode><ReturnMes

>> (and

>> with
>> return
>> with