cxf-users mailing list archives

From Xavier <xcou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JAXRS] ExceptionMappers not called
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2009 09:04:47 GMT

Hello Sergey,

Well, as I wanted to help you identify the problem this morning, I quickly
setup up a sample project with 1 service bean that throws CustomException or
CustomRuntimeException for a given {id}.
I added ExceptionMappers for those 2 custom exceptions, tested the whole
application (quickly, with my browser), and found that it worked!

Step by step, I removed layers of my webapp (based on CXF + Spring +
Hibernate) and finally identified that the problem was in the AOP aspects a
team member had configured in a sub module...
The tx aspects weaved almost every beans, including my jaxrs service bean
:-(

I guess there must have been some kind of confusion between the CXF bus and
the AOP proxy when an exception was thrown...

Sorry if you lost some time trying to figure out what the problem was and
thank you very much for this great product !

Regards
Xavier