cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Vinh Nguyen (vinguye2)" <vingu...@cisco.com>
Subject bad json response
Date Sat, 18 Jul 2009 19:35:37 GMT
Hi,
I've implemented a REST service.  I have data in an XML file, use
standard JAXB, and configured org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.provider.JSONProvider
in my beans.xml to convert the JAXB objects to JSON.

But when I visually inspect the JSON response, there seems to be
name-value entries appearing like "$":"\n        ".  Should these be
there?  I assume the XML parser used by CXF should have already stripped
out these unnecessary white spaces (i.e. carriage returns) before
passing to the JSON converter.

My XML looks like:

<component xmlns="http://xmp.cisco.com/wap/schemas/ui/Component"
xmlns:ns2="http://xmp.cisco.com/wap/schemas/ui/Tree" id="Tree">
    <properties>
        <ns2:treeProperties>
            <ns2:multiSelect>true</ns2:multiSelect>
            <ns2:doubleClickOpen>false</ns2:doubleClickOpen>
            <ns2:singleClickOpen>false</ns2:singleClickOpen>
            <ns2:lazyLoad>false</ns2:lazyLoad>
        </ns2:treeProperties>
        <ns2:node>
             <ns2:iconclass>myIconClass</ns2:iconclass>
        </ns2:node>
    </properties>
</component>

The JSON response is coming as:

{"component":{"@id":"Tree","properties":{"treeProperties":{"multiSelect"
:true,"doubleClickOpen":false,"singleClickOpen":false,"lazyLoad":false,"
$":"\n        "},"node":{"iconclass":"myIconClass","$":"\t\t\t

The $ property seems to appear after each corresponding element
definition in the XML.  Any idea how to get rid of these "$" properties?
On the client side, I'm using Dojo JSONPATH utils, and it's failing to
process the JSON string.

Thanks,
-Vinh