cxf-users mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sergey.beryoz...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Authentication response header 401
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2009 19:19:27 GMT

Hi

If it is JAXRS then you can register a CXF JAX-RS filter, retrieve
AuthorizationPolicy.class instance from a message, get user/password and if
needed return a Response setting 401.

You can also check the incoming headers in the CXF Interceptor, however I'm
not sure if it is possible to cause 401 actually reported. You may need to
throw a Fault instance from your input interceptor and also register an
inFaultInterceptor. Dan, is it possible to do produce a custom response code
this way ?

cheers, Sergey