cxf-users mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sergey.beryoz...@iona.com>
Subject RE: bad json response
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2009 11:56:15 GMT

Hi

I can not reproduce it at the moment. I've created a test which reads
exactly the same XML you posted like this :

@Test
public void test() {
        InputStream is = getClass().getResourceAsStream("book.xml");
        JAXBContext context = JAXBContext.newInstance(new
Class[]{Component.class});
        Unmarshaller um = context.createUnmarshaller();
        JAXBElement jaxbEl = um.unmarshal(new StreamSource(is),
Component.class);
        Map<String, String> namespaceMap = new HashMap<String, String>();
        namespaceMap.put("http://xmp.cisco.com/wap/schemas/ui/Component",
"");
        namespaceMap.put("http://xmp.cisco.com/wap/schemas/ui/Tree", "");

        JSONProvider p = new JSONProvider();
        p.setSerializeAsArray(true);
        p.setNamespaceMap(namespaceMap);
        ByteArrayOutputStream os = new ByteArrayOutputStream();

        p.writeTo(jaxbEl, (Class)JAXBElement.class, JAXBElement.class,
JAXBElement.class.getAnnotations(),
                  MediaType.APPLICATION_JSON_TYPE, new MetadataMap<String,
Object>(), os);
        String s = os.toString();
        System.out.println(s);
}

it outputs :

{"component":{"@id":"Tree","properties":{"treeProperties":{"multiSelect":true,"doubleClickOpen":false,"singleClickOpen":false,"lazyLoad":false},"node":{"iconclass":"myIconClass"}}}}

I created Component, Properties, TreeProperties and Node classes using the
posted XML as the source so I might've missed some specifics but I think the
problem is really to do with the fact that for some reasons
ignorable whitespaces have been captured somehow during the initial read and
they trick Jettison into outputting these BadgerFish notation like '$'
symbols (thanks to dejan for explaining it to me).

Can you please send me the actual XML file ? I created mine on Windows, so
may be in your case it has some special characters or something. Also, is it
how your read XML into JAXBElement ? I tried reading it into DOM first and
using Unmarshaller.unmarshall(Node node, Class) too, no difference

cheers, Sergey