cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Sergey Beryozkin" <sbery...@progress.com>
Subject JAX-RS : initial WADL support
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 16:23:25 GMT
Hi

CXF JAX-RS now supports the auto-generation of WADL for JAX-RS endpoints (trunk, 2.2.3-SNAPSHOT).
The whole tree/graph will be described in a generated instance. Note that JAX-RS subresources
are supposed to be late-resolved, so I'd recommend using annotated interfaces for subresources
and an enableStaticResolution=true property. At the moment I've decided to stay away from
from supporting WADl for those subresources whicg are resolved late - will be very easy to
support if really needed. Schemas will be generated for JAXB-annotated types.

I'd appreciate if users could experiment a bit with the latest SNAPSHOTS and provide the feedback
and help us to improve whatever we have in time for 2.2.3. I don't think WADL support in 2.2.3
will be perfect but we'll try our best to polish it in 2.3.
I also do believe there's a practical advantage in us eventually supporting WSDL2 in some
form (meaning the typed server code generation at least which is something we can't do with
WADL, as well as supporting those users who are working with proxy-based client api) but I
can't confirm at this stage when exactly we will do WSDL2.

WADL instances for RESTful endpoints are available from {base endpoint address}/services,
in addition to SOAP endpoints if any.
Note that you can override the location at which listings are provided (in case you'd like
'/services' be available to your resources) using 'service-list-path'  parameter, ex :
'service-list-path' = '/listings'

So please give it a try and let us know what you think

thanks, Sergey