cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Sergey Beryozkin" <sbery...@progress.com>
Subject RE: Deploying multiple services on same base url
Date Sun, 07 Jun 2009 18:03:20 GMT
Hi

> @Path-annotation
supposed to work when used on a sub-resource class

do you mean the one the actual resource class ?

No, when resource classes act as sub-resources then root Path
annotations are not taken into account per the spec. May be we can add a
configuration option to bypass this restriction...

Cheers, Sergey

-----Original Message-----
From: christoe [mailto:christoffer@enqvi.st]
Sent: 07 June 2009 12:31
To: users@cxf.apache.org
Subject: RE: Deploying multiple services on same base url

Thanks a lot, this really helped! I had not noticed the fact that it was
possible to return Objects. A small question though: is the
@Path-annotation
supposed to work when used on a sub-resource class? I cant seem to get
it to
work. It however works perfectly when annotating methods in that
sub-resource class.

Cheers,
Christoffer

Sergey Beryozkin-2 wrote:

> Hi Christoffer
>
> I'm not sure this is possible at the moment. One can register multiple
> resources beans listening on different relative URIs with a single
> JAXRSServerFactoryBean but not one by one.
>
> Perhaps there could be an alternative option.
> One option may be to use subresources. For ex, the base address could
be
> "/", root bean can listen on "/ws" and it also can have a subresource
> method
> listening on "/". Inside this method you can return either a root bean
> itself if a matched URI (@Context UriInfo has this info) is just "/ws"
> or dynamically return another bean depending on whether it is
> "/ws/group" or "/ws/user", etc... Subresource method may return an
> Object...
> May be there could be more options...
>
> Cheers, Sergey

Without