cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Nate Woody" <na...@cac.cornell.edu>
Subject NPE from WSDL2Java
Date Tue, 30 Jun 2009 18:25:41 GMT
Hello,

I'm getting a NPE while running WSDL2Java on a wsdl.  (FYI, this is the
Windows HPC 2008 services for remote submission of jobs to their
clustering software, so it's a in-the-wild wsdl).  This looks very much
like the problem reported here:
http://www.nabble.com/wsdl2java-NullPointer-tp19720254p19720254.html but
I wasn't able to figure a solution based on the output of that thread.
Related forum posts suggests it has to do with JAXB binding issues, but
I'm none too sure.

Background: I'm using CXF 2.2.2 with JDK 1.6.0_07 and I've verified I
have no problem building stubs against other WSDLs (my cxf configuration
is most likely not broken) and I was able to run the axis2 wsdl2java
against the wsdl (it's likely the WSDL isn't horribly broken).

The wsdl has two imports, one of which imports additional xsd's.  I've
linked the lot of them below:

Wsdl:
http://sites.google.com/site/cacviz/webdocs/bes-factory.wsdl?attredirect
s=0

Bundle with wsdl and all xsds:
http://sites.google.com/site/cacviz/webdocs/wsdl_bundle.zip?attredirects
=0

I figure the zip is less annoying then 6 separate links.  I'm not sure
what direction to go in to resolve this and I'd really like to get this
working from an CXF client.  Can anyone out there give me a hand on what
might be the problem?

Thanks in advance,

Nate

Output:

apache-cxf-2.2.2\bin\wsdl2java -verbose -client bes-factory.wsdl

wsdl2java -verbose -client bes-factory.wsdl

wsdl2java - Apache CXF 2.2.2

WSDLToJava Error: java.lang.NullPointerException

org.apache.cxf.tools.common.ToolException:
java.lang.NullPointerException

        at
org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.WSDLToJavaContainer.execute(WSDLToJavaCon

tainer.java:260)

        at
org.apache.cxf.tools.common.toolspec.ToolRunner.runTool(ToolRunner.ja

va:83)

        at
org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.WSDLToJava.run(WSDLToJava.java:103)

        at
org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.WSDLToJava.main(WSDLToJava.java:173)

        at
org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.frontend.jaxws.processor.internal.annotat

or.WSActionAnnotator.annotate(WSActionAnnotator.java:97)

        at
org.apache.cxf.tools.common.model.JavaMethod.annotate(JavaMethod.java

:368)

        at
org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.frontend.jaxws.processor.internal.Operati

onProcessor.process(OperationProcessor.java:68)

        at
org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.frontend.jaxws.processor.internal.PortTyp

eProcessor.process(PortTypeProcessor.java:143)

        at
org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.frontend.jaxws.processor.WSDLToJavaProces

sor.wsdlDefinitionToJavaModel(WSDLToJavaProcessor.java:88)

        at
org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.frontend.jaxws.processor.WSDLToJavaProces

sor.process(WSDLToJavaProcessor.java:60)

        at
org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.WSDLToJavaContainer.processWsdl(WSDLToJav

aContainer.java:218)

        at
org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.WSDLToJavaContainer.execute(WSDLToJavaCon

tainer.java:127)

        at
org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.WSDLToJavaContainer.execute(WSDLToJavaCon

tainer.java:252)

        ... 3 more