cxf-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Zeckoski <aar...@vt.edu>
Subject Re: Minimal CXF osgi bundle to use JAXRS
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2009 16:02:24 GMT
On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 4:13 PM, Sergey Beryozkin<sberyozk@progress.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> I am not sure the plan was to actually add in the whiteboard stuff in
> the OSGi
>
> DOSGi DSW provider (CXF) reacts when services are registered and Josh
> has just submitted a patch that will let OSGI services be exposed as
> RESTful endpoints, using the property
> 'org.apache.cxf.dosgi.frontent.jaxrs".
>
> Do you reckon this is something that can meet your requirements ?

If it works for Josh then it works for me. I think it might be nice to
use a property that is a little more agnostic (like "jaxrs.resource"
or whatever) so it is at least possible that a bundle which includes a
property like this could work with other JAXRS implementations.
That property name sounds more like it is talking about something
which is specifically part of DOSGI and not just a basic JAXRS
resource. Maybe there should be 2 properties here?

>> When was the JAXRS stuff added to the minimal bundle
> It is 2.3.0-SNAPSHOT, was added few days ago - 2.2-fixes branch also has
> it now. I haven't applied Josh's patch to the DOSGI trunk yet will do it
> early next week.

I can switch us to the 2.3.0-SNAPSHOT. THanks
-AZ