cxf-users mailing list archives

From Alessio Soldano <asold...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: XFireServlet threw exception javax.servlet.ServletException: non-HTTP request or response
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2009 16:29:07 GMT
Hi Nail,

Nail Araz wrote:
> Daniel, Alessio, thanks for your comments.
>
> From my understanding:
>
> if we would migrate (following the documented Apache CXF migration path from XFire to
Apache CXF) then
> the difference in the deployments to AppServer's would be, that we've to add the Apache
CXF-JARs to be deployed
> together with our WS to AppServer's != JBoss 5.X, and to remove them, if the AppServer
== JBoss 5.X (because they're
> already implemented in the JBoss-WS-JARs).
>
> Correct ?

Yes, if you use CXF and have JBoss with the JBossWS-CXF integration
stack installed, you don't need to add CXF libraries to the application
server.
If you don't use JBoss, you most likely need to provide the CXF
libraries to the application server (unless they already come with it).
Either ways, using CXF instead of XFire gives you advantages.

Alessio

--
Alessio Soldano
Web Service Lead, JBoss