cxf-users mailing list archives

From sol myr <solmy...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Users-cxf] Asynchronous services with ws-addressing?
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2009 10:13:46 GMT

Thanks very much :)

--- On Mon, 6/8/09, Eoghan Glynn <eoglynn@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Eoghan Glynn <eoglynn@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Users-cxf] Asynchronous services with ws-addressing?
To: users@cxf.apache.org
Date: Monday, June 8, 2009, 2:34 AM

The use of JAX-WS async and WS-Addressing are *completely independent*.

JAX-WS async is just a convenience mechanism to avoid tieing up a
client-side application thread while awaiting the response.

WS-Addressing with a non-anonymous <wsa:ReplyTo> allows you to avoid
tieing up a client->server connection while awaiting the response.

These orthogonal mechanisms should work fine togerher to allow you to
avoid tieing up either a thread *or* a connection.

Cheers,
Eoghan

2009/6/4 sol myr <solmyr72@yahoo.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to cfx & jaxws, and would appreciate hints on the following:
>
> We'd like to  implement an asynchronous web-service as follows:
> - The client should support both Callback and Polling.
> - There is *no* reliability requirement  (these are non-critical operations).
>
> The catch is, we'd like to use WS-Addressing .
> Namely, the server will reply to the client address indicated by <wsd:ReplyTo>,
and the client will examine the <wsa:RelatesTo> tag in order to correlate between reply
& request.

> I found nice CXF samples for "ws_addressing" and for "jaxws_asyc", but couldn't figure
out how to make them work together (the ws_addressing sample doesn't do callbacks, and the
jaxws_asyc sample doesn't use ws-addressing)...