cxf-users mailing list archives

From John Baker <jba...@javasystemsolutions.com>
Subject WSDL issue
Date Sat, 20 Jun 2009 09:16:42 GMT
Hello,

This question is more specifically WSDL related, and isn't due to any fault in
CXF, but if someone could point me in the right direction (or at the correct
documentation) then that would be very helpful.  Consider the following:

 wsdl2java -d src ServiceRequest-Service-1.0.wsdl

WSDLToJava Error: org.apache.cxf.wsdl11.WSDLRuntimeException: Fail to create
wsdl definition from : file:ServiceRequest-Service-1.0.wsdl
Caused by : WSDLException
(at /wsdl:definitions/wsdl:import[2]/wsdl:definitions/import):
faultCode=INVALID_WSDL: Encountered illegal extension element 'import' in the
context of a 'javax.wsdl.Definition'. Extension elements must be in a
namespace other than WSDL's.

What does this actually mean?  The following entry in ServiceRequest-Service
is at fault:

<wsdl:import
namespace="http://www.caps-solutions.co.uk/webservices/connectors/servicerequest/interface"

location="ServiceRequest-Interface-1.0.wsdl"/>

If I comment that out, the error goes away (but other errors are generated as
there are no types defined).

Thanks,

John