cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jetty Continuation bound to client thread?
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2009 15:24:06 GMT

On Thu June 18 2009 2:35:01 am Hannes Schubert wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> thank you, the hint to JETTY-536 does explain it all. But from my
> perspective it does not make sense to keep the Continuation object after
> the
>
> service call succeeded. This is what Mario implemented in his workaround:
> >> do this to prevent usage of cpu resources for requests that are expired
> >> anyway.
> >>
> >> However I just saw that in the trunk there's a method isExpired on the
> >> Continuation, so I'll just use that. And I just set >the object to null
> >> as soon as I processed the request, so that doesn't hinder me.
>
> I tried to do similar things by checking isPending() and isResumed() in
> case of isNew() is false. However, by working on with that continuation
> object I got com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxEOFException. So the only workaround I
> see is to invoke each service call in its own client thread, as long as I
> do not have the option to dismiss the (Jetty's) continuation object, e.g.
> by calling (CXFs) continuation reset method.

That's because CXF internally is assuming the isNew is true for the request,
not connection, just like you did.   I have a fix for that that I'm running
tests with now.

I think the other workaround is to turn keep-alives off.   I believe in Jetty,
it's on a per-connection basis so if the keep-alives are off, a new connection
is made and a new continuation is created.    I could be wrong though.   :-)

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org