cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CXF-2.2.2][JAXRS] No binding factory for namespace http://apache.org/cxf/binding/jaxrs registered.
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2009 15:14:59 GMT
On Tue June 9 2009 10:27:10 am Sergey Beryozkin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> so it looks like it's all sorted out then :-)
>
> > Do you think com.sun.xml.bind.v2.bytecode.ClassTailor.noOptimize applies
> > to my configuration only?

Possibly.   The "optimized" version basically generates some inner classes "in
memory" using some byte code magic to access the fields and setters without
the use of reflection.   That allows the GIT to compile them down and such
which can be much faster.

HOWER, in some cases, a security manager can block that.   Also, since it has
to end up calling defineClass on the classloader and such to add the classes
to the classloader, if the classloader doesn't allow it, that can cause
issues.    Thus, the flag to turn it off.

In CXF, we actually do similar things for JAX-WS/JAXB.   If you DON'T have
wrapper types for you methods, we'll generate wrapper types in memory.   Also,
we generate helpers to pull information in/out of wrapper types as needed
without the reflections.     However, we also have Reflection based methods of
doing it if the generation of the in memory classes fails.

Dan