cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Sergey Beryozkin" <sbery...@progress.com>
Subject Re: Question about WADL support in JAX-RS CXF
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2009 09:04:33 GMT
Hi Sadhana

> Sorry about misspelling your name in my earlier email.

no problems, I do a lot of typos all the time...

We're only starting working on supporting description languages like wadl. My initial understanding
is that WADL can help you generate an http centric code or UI test code which will guide you
through a given web application instance. I don't see how it can let people generate the typed
server code though - there's no enough information. Though may be we will generate some JAX-RS
aware servlets, not sure yet.  So javatowadl should work (server side), wadltojava will work
for the http centric client code generation. I'm also open to experimenting with WSDL.
That said, for 2.2.3 I'm planning to complete the auto-generation of WADL instances only,
there won't be codegen tools. I'd like to prioritize on them for 2.3

cheers, Sergey