cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Ron Grimes" <rgri...@sinclairoil.com>
Subject RE: Which Part of the Elephant First?
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2009 17:26:12 GMT
I'm really interested in a fluency about the whole stack (JAX-WS, JAXB,
Aegis, CXF) and how they fit in with Spring. I've created dozens of web
services with this stack, but, quite frankly, I must admit that a lot of
what I do is because an example said to do it that way, but I can't say
I understand all the internal workings and the why's. Seems like a
pathetic way to operate, and so I'm aiming to change that. Of course,
part of the disadvantage to flying blind is that, when something breaks,
you have no idea where to start looking for the broken link in the
chain. I'd like to be able to approach it a lot more intelligently,
which is the reason (in part) for this undertaking.

Anyway, I think Dan's given me a good place to start. Should keep me
busy for a bit.

Ron

-----Original Message-----
From: Glen Mazza [mailto:glen.mazza@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 1:36 PM
To: users@cxf.apache.org
Subject: Re: Which Part of the Elephant First?

I'm unsure what you want to learn--Apache CXF source code internals or
JAX-WS/JAXB in general?  If the former, I'd follow the building and
setting up Eclipse documentation on the Apache CXF website (lower left
menu here:
http://cxf.apache.org/) so you can see all of CXF's Maven modules, and
from there, look at what interests you the most.  If the latter, this
book:
http://www.jroller.com/gmazza/entry/soa_using_java_web_services is
pretty good, and also being familiar with how Metro works (so you're
confortable switching between two web service stacks) can also help:
http://www.jroller.com/gmazza/entry/creating_a_wsdl_first_web1 .

HTH,
Glen