cxf-users mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.Document.setXmlStandalone
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 10:29:04 GMT
Dan, whom I believe to be on a sunny island someplace, closed CXF-1861
without explaining why.

This is a level-3 method. The question is, are we generally trying to
support DOM level 2 or not?

If this were the only case of a level 3 method, a bit of reflection would
solve your problem.

If you complain bitterly to JBoss about needing a level-3-compliant DOM,
what happens?

If you reopen CXF-1861, I guess I would code the reflection support. It's
not a ton of wasted work if it turns out that there are lots of other
reasons for requiring a level 3 API.