cxf-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Sauzedde <thomas.sauzedde....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MTOM and boundary header / names (related to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-606 ?!?)
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2009 07:43:22 GMT
Daniel Kulp a écrit :
> Probably.   Cannot really think of another way to do it.
>
> I'm really surprised that the quoted stuff is an issue.   More likely, it's
> the ---- at the start.   It's possible that the change to uuid that I did on
> friday will fix your issue anyway.
>
> I checked Metro and metro also quotes the boundary.  That's why I'm quite
> surprised if that really is the issue.
>
> Dan

As I wrote I did some tests with JMeter.
I've got a provided client that works out of the box with MTOM requests.
What I did was to compare the HTTP(S) output of this client with the
output of my CXF client.

Then I diffed these outputs and empirically tried to manually change
each different fields.
My conclusions were :
    - No = in the boudary name
    - No quote around the boundary name in the header (Content-Type)
    - Need an extra CR/LF after the attachment itself

I retried this morning, and a quoted boundary name is definitively an
issue (in my case) but a "----" prefix is not !
Currently, the kind of content-type I'm using is like the following :
start-info="application/soap+xml"; action="<snipsnip>"

I googled and according to http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2046.html chapter
5.1.1 (sorry no anchor), this is definitively a server side bug (about
quoted boundary )!

Thanks a lot for your comments

--
Tom