cxf-users mailing list archives

From marcob <m.ba...@satanet.it>
Subject CXF 2.2.x ampersand issue
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2009 16:21:43 GMT

Hi,

I've found this unexpected behaviour while using cxf 2.2.x + JaxWS + Aegis.
If I define a method that accepts string parameters, e.g.

public void echo(String text) {
  System.out.println(text);
}

and I pass a string containing the ampersand character (&), e.g.
"john&lucy", the echo method only prints "john". I investigated the problem
with an HTTP Monitor and it seems that at client side the string is
correctly escaped (the SOAP request contains the "john&amp;amp;lucy" text)
but, at server side, the string is truncated at the & character position.

>From my point of view, it seems to be a bug.
Any solution?
Thanks
Marco