cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Sergey Beryozkin" <sbery...@progress.com>
Subject JAXRS : moving to JAX-RS 1.1 api
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2009 10:21:27 GMT
Hi,

Now that we have CXF JAX-RS passing TCK for jax-rs 1.0 api, it's time to start thinking about
updating the jax-rs api dependency to
1.1.

The following changes might affect existing users :

1. javax.ws.rs.core.Response.Status.Family class

has been removed and instead

javax.ws.rs.core.Response.StatusType & javax.ws.rs.core.Response.StatusType.Family

have been added

2. As a result of 1,

- public static javax.ws.rs.core.Response.ResponseBuilder javax.ws.rs.core.Response.status(javax.ws.rs.core.Response.Status)
- public javax.ws.rs.core.Response.ResponseBuilder
javax.ws.rs.core.Response.ResponseBuilder.status(javax.ws.rs.core.Response.Status)
- public final javax.ws.rs.core.Response.Status.Family javax.ws.rs.core.Response.Status.getFamily()

have been removed and instead

- public static javax.ws.rs.core.Response.ResponseBuilder javax.ws.rs.core.Response.status(javax.ws.rs.core.Response.StatusType)
- public javax.ws.rs.core.Response.ResponseBuilder
javax.ws.rs.core.Response$ResponseBuilder.status(javax.ws.rs.core.Response.StatusType)
- public final java.lang.String javax.ws.rs.core.Response.Status.getReasonPhrase()
- public final javax.ws.rs.core.Response.StatusType.Family javax.ws.rs.core.Response.Status.getFamily()
have been added.
3. new method

javax.ws.rs.core.Response$ResponseBuilder javax.ws.rs.core.Request.evaluatePreconditions()
has been added to Request interface

So in summary: if you haven't used javax.ws.rs.core.Response.Status.Family or Response.status(Response.Status)
or
ResponseBuilder.status(Response.Status) then your application code won't be affected.
If you have used Request helper befor then you'd only need to recompile but not change the
code.

Let me know please, by replying to this thread or pinging me on #cxf or directly if the above
changes will affect you. If no users
will have their (production) code affected then I see no reasons in postponing the move to
jax-rs 1.1 api

Thanks, Sergey

[1] https://jsr311.dev.java.net/drafts/changelog.1.1.html