cxf-users mailing list archives

From Denny Scheffert <Denn...@web.de>
Subject Re: CXF not throwing Exception, it's rewinding the method until 503 error on client
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2009 11:12:54 GMT
Hi,

just found it with the help of the guy who configured that servers. It's not a problem of
CXF.
There is a mod_jk before the tomcat that switches exceptions - thrown by the tomcat - to 500
or 503 error sites. That's good for web applications but of course not for web services.

Thx anyway :-),
Denny

an error occures and an exception is thrown.
> The exception will not thrown to client, instead the PhaseInterceptorChain rewinds the
method several times until a "503 Service Temporarily Unavailable" occures on client.

> The logging output on catalina.out shows:
> 03.03.2009 17:21:26 org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain doIntercept
> INFO: Application has thrown exception, unwinding now: de.foo.service.ServiceException:
haven't found order status
> 03.03.2009 17:21:26 org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain doIntercept
> INFO: Application has thrown exception, unwinding now: de.foo.service.ServiceException:
haven't found order status
> 03.03.2009 17:21:26 org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain doIntercept
> INFO: Application has thrown exception, unwinding now: de.foo.service.ServiceException:
haven't found order status

> I'm using java 1.6.0_11, org.apache.cxf 2.1.4, spring 2.5.6 and the geronimos:
> geronimo-activation_1.1_spec-1.0.2.jar
> geronimo-annotation_1.0_spec-1.1.1.jar
> geronimo-javamail_1.4_spec-1.3.jar
> geronimo-jaxws_2.1_spec-1.0.jar
> geronimo-stax-api_1.0_spec-1.0.1.jar
> geronimo-ws-metadata_2.0_spec-1.1.2.jar
>

> Mysteriously it's working correctly on localhost, the dev system, but not the important
live system. All tomcats using the same jars, the only visible difference is that the live
system is using a wrapper and https.