cxf-users mailing list archives

From harinair <har...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: JAXRS : howto produce XML and JSON?
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2009 04:00:55 GMT

Seems like this is not a very new thread. I hope you got this figured out. In
case you didn't or in case somebody else come here... here is the answer:

You annotate it as @Produces({"application/xml","application/json"}) - see
the value is an array. When the client needs JSON output it need to set
header parameter "Accept" as "application/json" and call the service. The
service will return data as JSON. I have also come across Restclient 2.3
(Available in code.google.com - search in google for Restclient). It is a
wonderful client to test RESTful webservices.

Hope this helps.
Hari Gangadharan