cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Kevin Priebe" <ke...@realtyserver.com>
Subject RE: XFire migration - old client doesn't send named parameters
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2009 02:15:01 GMT
The only reason I don't like it is because I have to name all the parameters
in0, in1 etc. instead of real names so that the old XFire clients still
work.  This is because the services were not annotated before and I can't
change the XFire clients at this point.  Otherwise it would be fine.  But
like I said, I can just rename them in a few months once the transition
period is over and we will stop supporting the old XFire clients.

I am still experimenting with the namespace issue. It has to do with XFire
not including a / at the end, but CXF does, so it just doesn't work without
the / for some reason.  So I am manually setting the namespace to NOT have a
/ at the end so the old XFire clients work as well as the new CXF one.

Benson:  I will look into a custom service factory.  Thanks for the
suggestion.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Grimes [mailto:rgrimes@sinclairoil.com]
Sent: March-12-09 5:14 PM
To: users@cxf.apache.org
Subject: RE: XFire migration - old client doesn't send named parameters

Not sure why you don't feel this is a good solution. When our company hired
Dan Diephouse to architect our new web structure, that's how he initially
taught me to do the service interfaces. Example:

@WebService
public interface ReportService
{
   @WebResult(name = "ReportResult")
   String getSummaryReport(@WebParam(name = "location") String location,
                           @WebParam(name = "fromDate") String fromDate,
                           @WebParam(name = "toDate")   String toDate)
   throws ReportFault;
}

Also, I've never had to declare the namespace as you've done, and it's
always worked fine.

Anyway, glad you got it working.

Ron Grimes