cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Christofer Dutz" <c.d...@upw.de>
Subject AW: Nexus, Hudson, and CXF snapshots deploys....
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2009 16:28:24 GMT
+1 Too, because then I probably get an "official" build of CXF containing
the fix for my last problems ;-)

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Daniel Kulp [mailto:dkulp@apache.org]
Gesendet: Freitag, 6. März 2009 17:14
An: dev@cxf.apache.org
Cc: users@cxf.apache.org
Betreff: Nexus, Hudson, and CXF snapshots deploys....

They've recently setup the hudson instances to allow them to deploy
snapshots
to the Nexus instance using a special "snapshot" account.   Thus, we could
now
have automated builds that do deploys of snapshots.   We couldn't really do
that previously without giving out some authentication stuff so this is kind

of a big deal.

So, are we interested?   The only "downside" is the snapshot URL's that
people
may be using would need to change to:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/
which would affect some people.

However, they would get updates on a daily basis, which is probably also a
good thing.

I guess I'd like to hear from the users that might be using the snapshots.
How annoying would it be to update your URL's?   (Note: that URL also
proxies
the original snapshot repo so you would UPDATE your pom/repository manager,
not add a new repo)   Would having more consistent snapshots help you?

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

__________ Hinweis von ESET NOD32 Antivirus, Signaturdatenbank-Version 3912
(20090306) __________

E-Mail wurde geprüft mit ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com