cxf-users mailing list archives

From David Bosschaert <david.bosscha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How do I setup up both a servlet engine and webservices that run on the same port?
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2009 14:00:33 GMT
Hi Garry,

I wrote a blog post that explains how this can be done with the
Distributed OSGi implementation, that's based on CXF.
It serves a GWT webapp and a Web Service from the same machine+port
just different contexts. In my case they need to be served from the
same host + port because of the single origin policy that the browser
applies to the webapp.
You can find the blog post here:
http://coderthoughts.blogspot.com/2009/02/distributed-osgi-powered-ajax-webapp.html

It's achieved by using the CXFNonSpringServlet and registering that
with the OSGi HTTP Service. In a non-osgi case you could still use one
of the CXF Servlets and register them with your servlet engine.
For more info see:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/dosgi/trunk/dsw/cxf-dsw/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/dosgi/dsw/handlers/HttpServiceConfigurationTypeHandler.java

Hope this helps,

David