cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Sean O'Callaghan" <SEA...@progress.com>
Subject RE: Try to modify the firts jaxws example
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2009 11:11:07 GMT
Hi,

The error indicates that the address that it is trying to connect to is null.
What are you passing into svrFactory.setAddress()in your server?

Perhaps you can take a look at the java_first_jaxws sample in the samples directory of a CXF
install and use this as the starting point for modifying the code?

Regards,

Seán.

-----Original Message-----
From: Roderick Lina [mailto:rodlm777@gmail.com]
Sent: 27 January 2009 18:26
To: users@cxf.apache.org
Subject: Try to modify the firts jaxws example

I'm very new to Web Services and I think I'm just missing something. I tought
it would be a simple question to answer but after a lot of search, I decided
to post here.

I read the example that comes with CXF
(http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/a-simple-jax-ws-service.html) and tested
in MyEclipse and it worked correctly. No problems at all.

Then I tried to make a test service based on that example but I always get
"Could not send Message"/"Invalid address. Endpoint address cannot be
null.". I found some post where some said it should be the server that's not
running or the service that's not published, but when I try
"http://localhost:9000/helloWorld?wsdl" the WSDL is shown. The client,
however, can't connect to it.

I thought that it should be related to some config file that's missing, but
the example runs without it, So, it doesn't make sense.

I also checked that if I change the SERVICE_NAME or PORT_NAME (on
Client.java) to anything different of "http://server.hw.demo/" it will not
work, but if a copy the demo files to a completely different place/package
but let the SERVICE and PORT name the same it will work. So, I don't get it.

What am I missing? Thanks in advance.