cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CXF / JAXB "Java first approach" - remove minOccurs="0"
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2009 21:52:14 GMT

With JAX-WS 2.2, there will be a standard way to do this by allowing the
XmlElement annotation on the param.   Not for 2.1 though.   :-(

For CXF, there are two options:

1) Generate the request/response wrappers and edit them.   The easiest way is
to run the java2ws tool and pass the -wrapperbean flag.   That will generate
some wrapper beans that you can then edit to add the required=true attribute
onto the bean fields.

2) Create a subclass of AbstractServiceConfiguration and override the
getWrapperPartMinOccurs to return 1.   Configure that into the ServiceFactory
using spring config or code.   (this MAY require the 2.1.4-SNAPSHOT as I
think there was a bug in this area in 2.1.3.   We'll hopefully get 2.1.4 out
next week.)

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp