cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CXF Project distribution size
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2009 19:37:41 GMT
On Thursday 29 January 2009 7:14:22 am Joshua Partogi wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> One thing that might fear my bosses are the number of packages if
> using CXF, but I understand this is because CXF is a very modular
> framework. All in all, how big is the size of distribution package
> usually for projects that is using CXF based on your experience?
>
> Thanks in advance

I just did a war of a "simple" CXF project and the war was 5.9MB in size.
However, if you use Java 6, you can drop it down by at least another MB by
removing jars that are available in Java6 (more of the api jars, saaj, jaxb,
etc...).     For some limitted cases where spring is needed, you could drop
another 1.5MB or so by removing spring.   I don't really recommend that
though.

That said, if you start going into more advanced things like WS-RM,
WS-Security, JAX-RS,  etc..., you'll need to start adding more of the modules
and it starts going up a bit.

Does that help at all?

--
Daniel Kulp