cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Sergey Beryozkin" <sbery...@progress.com>
Subject RE: Does CXF convert a backslash to a forward slash?
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2008 16:16:05 GMT
Hi

So it looks like the same issue though I'm not sure why a forward slash
works for you then.

This is what I just tried :

String address = "http://localhost:9080/bookstore/bookurl/" +
            URLEncoder.encode("<post>f\\b</post>", "UTF-8");

in a method

@Path("/bookstore/{xml}")
public void post(@PathParam("xml") String s) {
// I get "<post>f\b<\post>"
}

Can you please try
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/cxf/apac
he-cxf/2.1.4-SNAPSHOT/ ?

This fix should've made it into that snapshot

Another possible workaround - would it be possible to do something like
this as a workaround :

<post platform="Win">f/b</post>

If this attribute is present then it can have either Win or Unix values
only, default - unix.

I think JAXRS has done a great job of raising the expectations of
developers - and I can only praise the people behind it. But, sometimes,
may be just with one little bit of extra work one can get the result
going the right way anyway :-)

Anyway, that was a short off-topic piece :-) Please try the snapshot or
some sort of workaround to get you going - sorry about the hassle...

Sergey