cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Maxfield, Bruce D. (LNG-DAY)" <Bruce.Maxfi...@lexisnexis.com>
Subject RE: JAX-RS @Delete @QueryParam
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2008 15:51:06 GMT
Sergey:

There is nothing in the HTTP spec that precludes the use of query
parameters in conjunction with DELETE.  Given the overloaded meaning of
DELETE as described in section 9.7, one could see where it would be
reasonable for a client to pass a query parameter as a modifier much
like the options passed to 'kill'.

Whether the proposed use described below is valid or not is another
question.  If you wish, I could test this scenario under Jersey.

- Bruce

-----Original Message-----
From: Sergey Beryozkin [mailto:sergey.beryozkin@progress.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 6:34 AM
To: users@cxf.apache.org
Subject: Re: JAX-RS @Delete @QueryParam

Hi

Can you check if therr're even available at the server ?
I don't think one can submit query parameters with DELETE.

DELETE is an individual resource targeted method AFAIK.
So if you'd like to do something like

delete all (people) resources of a given age then I'm not even sure what
is a restful way to do it.
I'd go for POST to the collection resource then - even if it may not see
very restful

But please check if query parameters are available on the server. For
ex, direct the request through a tcptrace tool and see how URI
looks like

Cheers, Sergey