cxf-users mailing list archives

From Steve Cohen <sco...@javactivity.org>
Subject cxf java code generation question
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2008 14:23:25 GMT
I am using CXF (for the the first time) to generate java source code
from a WSDL supplied by a vendor I'm working with.

The vendor also supplied a POM.xml file with which to generate java
source code from this wsdl for the client I need to build.

I find an annoying pattern in the generated code:

For fields in the data which are required (minOccurs > 0), the generated
setters use the expected types (String, etc.)
For fields in the data which are optional (minOccurs = 0), the generated
setters take a parameter of JAXBElement<String>, etc.

Is there a way around this annoying pattern?  Why would the optional
fields generate different kinds of setters than the required ones?

pom.xml settings I'm using are below.  I've also tried using 2.1.3
without  improving the situation.

           <plugins>
                <plugin>
                    <configuration>
                        <source>1.5</source>
                        <target>1.5</target>
                    </configuration>
                </plugin>
                <plugin>
                    <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
                    <artifactId>cxf-codegen-plugin</artifactId>
                    <version>2.0.7</version>
                    <executions>
                        <execution>
                            <id>generate-sources</id>
                            <phase>generate-sources</phase>
                            <configuration>

<!--sourceRoot>${basedir}/src/main/java</sourceRoot-->

<sourceRoot>${basedir}/target/src/main/generated-java</sourceRoot>
                                <wsdlOptions>
                                    <wsdlOption>

<wsdl>${basedir}/src/main/resources/wsdl/EmergencyProvisioningService.wsdl</wsdl>

                                        <extraargs>
                                            <extraarg>-p</extraarg>

<extraarg>com.whatever.service</extraarg>
                                            <extraarg>-impl</extraarg>
                                            <extraarg>-client</extraarg>

<extraarg>-verbose</extraarg>
                                        </extraargs>