cxf-users mailing list archives

From Gabo Manuel <kman...@solegysystems.com>
Subject Re: Exception handling, message size and dynamic encrypt user
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2008 03:42:25 GMT
Hi Julius,

Here is an attempt to answer some of your issues:

 > 1) I would like to catch the exceptions thrown by the ws layer

I think a fault handler would be able to perform this task. Check out:
http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/interceptors.html

> 2) When the ws layer thrown an exception the server write the exception to the console,
even if i put off all the logger.

I think this has more to do with the logger you are using. If you are using log4j, I think
the best is to turn off all loggings while having a specific log file for errors, e.g.:

log4j.appender.errorFile.File=someerrorfile.log
log4j.logger.some.package.here=ALL, errorFile

> 3) I see reading around that message with size that excedeed the 10 Mb

I think an "in" interceptor would be able to perform this task. From here you would be able
to access the http headers, Content-Length. From there you could perform the checks and reject
the request, not sure if HttpURLConnection.HTTP_REQ_TOO_LONG or HTTP_ENTITY_TOO_LARGE is the
proper error code.

You can check this link with regards to cutting the message flow:
http://chrisdail.com/2008/03/31/apache-cxf-with-http-basic-authentication/

I'm not sure I understand the last question, my apologies on that part. :)

Gabo