cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JAX-WS Handlers and Non-SOAP protocols
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2008 21:56:41 GMT
On Wednesday 19 November 2008 5:54:56 pm Eric Johnson wrote:
> Does CXF provide any JAX-WS protocol handlers for things other than
> SOAP/HTTP?

Well, there are the logical handlers.   They should be protocol independent.
I honestly haven't tried one with the CORBA binding yet though.

> Say I wanted to use CORBA and stick to the JAX-WS framework
> without using CXF interceptors? Could I just implement the Handler
> interface directly and configure the service to use the resulting handler
> class?

If it's a logical handler, yes.    We COULD define additional handler types
for the various bindings and such, but for the most part, it's MUCH better to
just use CXF interceptors for those things to not kill performance.   Plus,
since they would be proprietary to CXF bindings and such anyway, you really
don't gain any "portability" things.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org