cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: "The matching wildcard is strict but no declaration can be found" error
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2008 18:09:11 GMT
On Tuesday 11 November 2008 12:26:38 pm Glen Mazza wrote:
> BTW, anyone have the answer to my unphrased question--when referring to a
> client-side endpoint, when is the ".http-conduit" suffix needed, and does
> its presence have any correlation to the value of the "createdFromAPI"
> attribute?

The .http-conduit suffix is ONLY for the id for the <http:conduit> to
associate it with a client.    That's all it's for.

The "createdFromAPI" attribute is to tell the runtime what to do when parsing
the bean at parse/startup time.   If not set, an actual bean is created which
could involve things like downloading wsdl, etc...   The assumption there is
that you would then query that bean from the spring ApplicationContext using
Spring calls (or have spring inject it in someplace else).   With
createdFromAPI set to true, then at parse time, it really just records the
values.   When you use the JAXWS apis to create the objects (Endpoint or
client), the runtime looks up those values from the recorded objects and uses
those instead of the normal JAX-WS defaults.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org