cxf-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Handler -> Interceptor Namespace Removal
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2008 18:58:02 GMT
On Tuesday 07 October 2008 5:00:21 pm jmdev wrote:
> I was told that some of the code I am using is not releasable and so I took
> your lead and used the debugger to dig deeper.  I found that StaxUtils was
> not handling attribute namespaces in the writeStartElement(...) method.  I
> logged a JIRA and submitted a patch which seems to fix my issue.  I haven't
> submitted a patch to an apache project before, so just let me know if I
> didn't do it correctly.  Thanks again for your help and a great tool!
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-1846

The "process" is definitely correct.   Definitely how to log a bug and submit 
a patch.  

HOWEVER, I have to question the need for the patch.   Without a testcase, I'm 
probably going to need you to debug into this a bit more.

About 30 lines above the code you changed, there is the block:
        for (int i = 0; i < reader.getNamespaceCount(); i++) {
 ........
        }
That should have written out the namespace since the namespace was set on that 
element.   If you could debug into the getNamespaceCount call to figure out 
why it's not outputting the namespace, that would be perfect.   You MAY need 
to check what is happening in the 
W3CDOMStreamReader.newFrame(...) 
method where the namespace stuff is occuring. 

I'm wondering if your saaj impl or something is putting all the attibutes on 
the element correctly.


-- 
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://dankulp.com/blog

Mime
View raw message