cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to handle a large response object or attachment with CXF?
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2008 16:34:26 GMT

Couple options:

1) Use a WS-Addressing decoupled endpoint for the response.  The server would
then basically send it back on a decoupled channel when it's ready.

2) Increase the timeout on the client side.   We default it to 60 seconds, but
it's easily configured (or even turned off).

3) Use a more "callback" pattern  where the client creates an endpoint to get
the response, sends the endpoint reference with the request, then waits.
Quite a bit more work and essentially does what the case 1 above does.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org