cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Performance, what to expect etc?
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2008 17:41:46 GMT
On Sunday 14 September 2008 10:47:20 am Kent Närling wrote:
> > Only a proper load-test can tell whether or not the throughput will be
> > good enough. My experience is that you throughput-bottleneck is much
> > more likely to be in your application code that in CXF itself. At
> > least, that is my conclusion for load that ranges up to 20.000
> > requests per minute.
>
> This is a very interesting comparison!! 333 TPS?
> Can you qualify that a bit more? is that on a single machine?
>
> If performance on levels of 100-200 TPS is achievable with webservices is
> easily achievable on a single machine (without heavy tuning etc), then I
> think we should be happy enough! :-)

Over a year ago, I did some basic performance testing of CXF.   At the time,
we achieved about 7000 TPS for a basic "hello world" (echoString type thing)
app on a pair of quad core boxes (one running the clients, one for the
server) with response times around 3ms.   Obviously, echoString doesn't do
any real business logic, but that can be kind of a baseline to figure out an
estimate.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org